Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sew What It's Summer - Week 9


I had a major case of indecisiveness while creating this week's Bejeweled project. First I decided to make a shirt that was jewel colored and picked out my pattern. Then I changed the pattern, followed by changing what I wanted to use for material. Then I changed the pattern and the material once again. Followed finally by a change back to the original pattern and material.  Indecisiveness.

I, after all that changing, made a simple t-shirt, using a New Look pattern from two jersey materials: a striped purple jersey and a thin plain purple.  All of a sudden I have been feeling like I don't have any t-shirts to wear, so that's why I went for something simple. At the same time I wanted to make something with at least a little character.  I picked up the striped material at a discount store last year and was lucky enough to find a jersey in a color that perfect match  the striped material this past weekend. My local fabric store in small, and even the larger stores in Portland and Boston are smallish by NYC and LA comparisons. To find a matching material a full year after buying fabric, in my area AND on sale is an absolute miracle.


Here is the resulting project. Sorry about the pictures, I haven't quite figured out this self portrait thing yet. I really need to get a tripod and a gorrilacam tripod.




2 comments:

Margie said...

That shirt is lovely. Is it supposed to be lower in the back or is it caught on your butt? Either way I love it.

ps. Your tripod is at my house and you should consider it mine now. Thanks. We will call this a fair trade for the stereo you "borrowed" from me years ago.

alo929 said...

It's suppose to be lower in the back. It looks so much better in real life. I'm a bad poser lol.
I want a gorillacam tripod. you can work on that, along with Henry Cavill, for my birthday :)

Post a Comment