Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sew What It's Summer - Week 7 Finally Completed

It took another week but I finally completed Week 7's challenge - Retro Rundown. I used a Vintage inspired Simplicity pattern to make a 1940's-esque blouse. I love the fashion of the 40's. The 40s were a decade of change and that definitely influenced fashion.  Women began to break away from the every day dress to pants, jeans, blouses and even the beginnings of the t-shirt.  It was a great decade for fashion.

I altered a few items on the pattern. First I had to enlarge the sleeve, bc as i've said before my fat arms need room. Second I loved the pleats in this top- they flatter in all the right places but I didn't like the little flutter one made on the back of the shirt. Instead of two pleats on the back I only did one.  Third the shirt seemed just a little short so I added a band to the bottom. This was my favorite addition and it didn't even change the look of the shirt. It instantly made it more comfortable though. Fourth I didn't add the ties and bows. every opening and gather on this shirt seemed to have a tie attached to it. I opted not to include them.

So here's the final product. I love it and will definitely be wearing this one to work.

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment