Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sew What It's Summer - Week 4






I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge - swim coverup. They way I approached this is that you don't need to look fantastic in a beach coverup. It should be comfy, easy to get on and off and made of something that will dry quickly.  

I have had this pattern, Simplicity #2702 for years and always wanted to use it but I knew from looking at the picture is would like like a sack on me. I jumped at the chance to use it for this week's challenge though.  I was so happy when I found almost identical fabric to the pattern picture on a 50% off redline shelf at Joanns. Lightweight, slightly stretchy and absorbent this fabric was perfect.   The dress was easy to construct but definitely needed some alterations. It was so huge that I could have easily cut two sizes smaller and it still would have been big. I took almost 2" off each side of the waist and shaped the bottom a bit. The top however was a perfect fit and for a little more fun I added some beading to the neck - like the picture in the pattern. 

So I may not have the skinniest legs but as a swimmer I am looking forward to using this coverup all summer long :) Next week Ombre!



1 comments:

Margie said...

LOVE!! Came out awesome!

Post a Comment