Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sew What It's Summer - Week 2






Week 1 Challenge: Polka Dots

I really enjoyed this week's challenge: Polka Dots - one of my sister Margie's choices. In a rare coincidence I had a couple of polka dot fabrics to choose from and in an even rarer occurrence I was able to use a pattern with the fabric I bought specifically for that pattern. That never happens to me! I always change my mind between purchase and execution so this was a nice change.

After last week's epic failure, this week was a welcome success. I used McCalls 6550 to create a short sleeved, high necked shirt with a button up back and slight gathering in the front. The brown polka dot material I used was a lightweight polyester with a silky feel to it.  I'm very happy with the way this shirt came out and will definitely be using this pattern again.  Below are are a few pictures I took of the finished result.  It has been extremely hot here in the northeast this week, hitting the upper 90's with 80% humidity,  so the 10 minutes I had this outfit on nearly killed me but it was worth it :)

Remember to checkout my sister Margie's blog to see what she made this week.
         


0 comments:

Post a Comment